Monday, December 5, 2011

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


My parents always warned me about hitchhiking. However this piece makes it an almost necessary action at certain points in your life. Sometimes you just got to hop on a ship floating around in outer space to save yourself from imminent doom.
            I am a fan of British comedy, to an extent… Monty Python helped influence much of my sense of humor when I was younger with titles such as The Holy Grail and his Flying Circus series. Simon Pegg’s films are also quite fantastic. The British version of The Office however, does not sit well with me. Anyway, I thought the radio version of Hitchhiker’s Guide was pretty funny.
            If Earth were about to be destroyed I would be so up for hightailing it to outer space. The thing is, the only way for the human race to survive is to do this exact same thing. Our resources will be depleted soon enough, and our population increases exponentially. The key to our survival is colonizing space. Hopefully there will be more interest in the scifi genre on a global scale as to inspire space exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment