Monday, December 5, 2011

Interview With a Vampire


I didn’t read the book as I did watch the movie a while ago and it deterred me from reading the book… However, I could imagine that it would be quite similar to the book, as it was all based on an interview, similarly to World War Z. Tom Cruise kind of irritated me through the whole thing. Just his attitude and he was so damn smug. It was really messed up when they turned the young Kirsten Dunst into a vampire. She was like 8 years old for so freaking long! That’s just such an uncomfortable concept to grasp. Someone who looks like a twelve-year-old but retains the knowledge of a 200+ year old! The fuck?!
My favorite scene(s) were when they tried killing Tom Cruise by feeding him dead blood and tossing him into a swamp, and when they stumbled upon a group of vampires in London who happened to work in theatre. Being a vampire, performing a theatrical production based on vampires was pretty clever on their behalf. They could feed every night of the show, and be able to do it in front of a huge audience! Nice.
The ending irritated me. The interviewer wanted to become a vampire Brad Pitt refused to turn him. He leaves, and then Tom Cruise returns from the dead (or so we thought) and bites the interviewer and turns him into a vampire. Basically, making the story restart. And Tom Cruise still is wearing that old school outfit with the whimsical cuffs. I mean… come on, man, it’s at least the 90’s now. Trade in that old getup for a windbreaker or something.
This is not a film that I can watch, probably for another 20 years, give or take. God forbid I get turned into a vampire and have to hang out with Tom Cruise for eternity or watch this movie more than one more time or read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment